All should take note - being an official helper of the game isn't the only way to contribute to Tanki Online. Simply by going about as a kind, friendly and active player can dramatically improve the state of our community.
How to become a Help Site Consultant~
Help Site Consultants are the people that work day and night on providing relief to Players' questions, here on the Help Site. They primarily write articles with very useful information that clears up the majority of confusion that Players may experience, as well as answering any questions Players may send in the form of tickets. If you enjoy helping people, or writing articles, you should apply for this position!
Here is the information you should include on your application:
- Tanki Nickname
- Real name
- Age and date of birth
- City/Country of residence
- Languages spoken
- Contact details (Discord is obligatory)
- Help Site profile link
- Facebook or Twitter profile links
- Alternate accounts
- Brief description of yourself
- Technical skills
- Similar work in other positions
- Time dedication possibilities
- Experience with writing articles
- Reasoning for joining the position
How to become a Forum Moderator~
Forum Moderators watch over the forum day and night; dealing with off-topic messages and trolls, removing the irrelevant information, and focusing their attention on important things. So if someone suddenly decides to make a mess in the forum because, “You can do anything on the internet”, just call a Forum Moderator – he or she will explain that there are rules to be followed, both in real life and in the forum.
In order to become a Forum Moderator you need to create a new topic in the Forum Moderators forum section containing the following information:
1 Real first and last name;
2 Current age and date of birth;
3 Country and city you live in;
5 Languages spoken;
6 Contact details (Skype is obligatory, Discord is recommended);
7 Facebook or Twitter profile (if available);
8 Date you started playing Tanki (or any approximation of);
9 Nicknames of all of your alternative accounts, including past unused ones;
10 A short description of why you want to join the team, what your past relevant work experience is and why you think you are the ideal candidate for this position.
You can also send some additional information that would help us to choose you.
How to become a Chat Moderator~
In order to become a Forum Moderator you need to create a new topic in the Chat Moderators forum section containing the following information:
1. Real name and surname, nickname in the game.
2. Your age.
3. Your country and the city.
4. Languages spoken (which languages do you know?)
5. Link to your forum profile.
6. Rank (lower than Captain will NOT be processed / considered)
7. Contacts (Skype is obligatory)
8. Facebook or Twitter profile (if available)
9. Date of registration - (Date you started playing Tanki)
10. Have you ever been a moderator in other projects?
11. Why do you want to be a moderator?
12. Are you interested in moderating chat or in battles? (Chatting with players and keeping order in the chat or dealing with violations in battles?)
13. The operating system you are using on your computer (ie. Windows, iOS, Linux etc)
14. Nicknames of your alternative accounts, if you have them.
15. Are you a member of a clan?
How to become a Facebook Moderator~
In order to become a Facebook Moderator you need to create a new topic in the Facebook Moderators forum section containing the following information:
1. Start a new topic in this section.
2. Use your nickname as title of the topic.
3. In the topic itself, fill out the following form:
2. Real first name and last name
4. Country and city
5. Languages you speak
6. Your Skype name
7. Link to your Facebook profile
8. Your date of registration in Tanki
9. Nicknames of all of your registered accounts in Tanki
10. How much time do you spend in the game?
11. Have you ever been a moderator in other places?
12. Why would you like to become a Facebook moderator?
You can also include additional information which you think would help you to get accepted.
How to become an eSports Helper~
- Video Editor
Here is a brief overview of each position:
eSports Reporters are in charge of writing articles for the eSports Community, including interviews with the best eSports players, reviews of the best matches, and more. If you are interested in applying for this position, it is necessary to have a strong knowledge of the English language, as well as a decent amount of knowledge in the eSports field.
eSports Designers work with every other type of eSports Helper, providing various thumbnails and artworks for videos, live streams, articles, and more. If you are interested in applying for this position, you must have a decent knowledge of how to use Photoshop.
eSports Spectators are in charge of spectating the most intense eSports matches, and recording the best moments, for use in highlight videos, news shows, and more. If you are interested in applying for this position, you must have a decent computer that can record Tanki Online footage at a full frame rate, with all graphics settings turned on, as well as regularly available between 16 UTC and 20 UTC to complete the necessary work.
eSports Video Editor
eSports Video Editors work to provide stunning videos that cover the progression of eSports tournaments. They are some of the most hardworking individuals, producing several videos per week for viewers. If you are interested in this position, it is necessary to have a good knowledge of video editing programs, mainly Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas, and to have several examples of your best work.
eSports Officials are the backbone of the eSports Community. They create tournaments, referee matches and help reduce cheating in the eSports field, as well as answer player’s questions pertaining to eSports on the Forum and through Discord. Without these individuals, the eSports Community would not run smoothly. If you are interested in this position, it is important to know that you need to be at least 18 years of age, and have a very strong level of knowledge and experience in eSports.
How to become a Battle Moderator~
If you are reading this, it means you'd like to help the players in battles and you'd like to be accepted to Battle_mods. For this you need to have the vast knowledge of the game, the desire to help the players, the patience. If you can satisfy this, you need to be over 18 years old, your rank in Tanki not under Brigadier and the experience in this game for at least one year. If you meet these requirements, here is what you need to do:
1. Create a new topic in Battle_Mod section.
2. Use your nickname as the title.
3. The topic itself should be completed with the following information:
- What is your nickname in the game?
- What is your real name?
- How old are you?
- Languages spoken (which languages do you know?)
- What education do you have?
- Where do you live?
- How long have you been in the game?
- On what server do you prefer to play?
- Are you a member of any clan/ team or have been in one? If yes, in what / how, and for how long?
- How much time do you spend in the game? How many time you can spend assisting the players?
- Contact details (Skype is obligatory)
- Facebook or Twitter profile (if available)
- Why do you want to join this position?
- What would you do if your friend violate the game rules?
- What violations you have encountered? What measures are being taken as a player?
- Please give a short description of a "mult" in the concept of the game
- Which maps do you prefer to play? In what battles modes?
- Give your understanding of the term "sabotage"
- How do you identify "weak equipment"?
- Which current helpers can recommend you?
- Have you had a negative experience with the helpers?
- What reward do you expect in return for your help?
- Nicknames of all of your alternative accounts, including unused ones.
- Which programs on computer do you know well?
- Please provide the info about the processor of your PC and the speed of your Internet connection
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
N.B. After studying your questionnaire, a Battle_Mod Administrator will reply to you via the forum PM (Private Message) . Please be patient and wait for your queue.
How to become an Event Helper~
The Event Helpers team is in charge of the in-game events that happen several days of the week. They are in charge of scheduling events, making sure these events run smoothly, and coming up with ideas for new events. If you are interested in providing a new type of entertainment to players, this position is perfect for you!
There are a few different positions within the Events Team, including:
- Evidence Broadcaster
Here is a brief overview of each position:
Event Organizers are the spectators that oversee events, and provide instructions to both players, as well as Event Helpers. They are also the people that help players that have questions regarding events. Please note that this position is not one that you can apply for, but rather one that you can hold after being an Event Helper for a long period of time, and showing a large amount of effort being spent on the position.
Event Helpers help set up the events, and work inside each battle to make sure the rules of the event are followed. Their tasks mainly include helping players that don’t understand the rules of the particular event, so that they can participate in the event without negatively impacting other participants. If you are interested in this position, please note that you need to be regularly available from 16 UTC to 20 UTC in order to help out, as events happen during this time period.
Event Evidence Broadcasters are in charge of broadcasting each event onto the official Event Team YouTube channel. Most of these streams are unlisted, and used just to persecute players breaking the event rules, but they are occasionally public, allowing players who unfortunately didn’t get into the event to still have fun. If you are interested in applying for this position, it is important to note that a strong computer with good graphics capabilities paired with a stable Wi-Fi connection are necessary for this position, as well as regularly available between 16 UTC and 20 UTC to complete the necessary work.
How to become a Newspaper Reporter~
Newspaper Reporters are in charge of the Tanki Online Newspaper, and as a team, they typically write between five and ten articles per month, including guides, creative stories, as well as news coverage of new features within the game (reviews of new equipment, modes, etc.). There are currently two different teams of Newspaper Reporters within the EN Community: English (EN), and French (FR). If you speak either of these languages, enjoy writing, and have a creative mindset, this position is perfect for you!
In order to become a Newspaper Reporter, please create a new topic in the Newspaper Reporters section of the "Becoming a Helper" area, with the title "[Newspaper Reporter] - NICKNAME" and provide answers to each of these questions:
- What is your ingame nickname (include all alternate account names)?
- What is your real name?
- What is your age?
- What is your gender?
- What is your Discord ID?
- When did you register your account (approximate date)?
- How much time do you spend in Tanki?
- Do you have any writing experience in other projects?
- Why do you want to write for the Tanki Newspaper?
- Please provide at least one example article. Example article should contain at least 700 words. It MUST be related in some way to Tanki Online. If you want to submit a story, please provide at least one additional article that is Tanki related.
- Any other information relevant to your application that you feel would be helpful?
It would also be beneficial to read these Newspaper articles that outline the application process, as it will help increase your odds of success:
How to become a Content Helper~
Content Helpers are in charge of most of the creative work you see on social media (mainly YouTube). This overarching team is broken down into several positions, some taking care of the work that has to go on behind the weekly video-blogs, others take care of recording content for Players to use in their YouTube videos, some help broadcast a variety of content (mainly eSports matches), and some design the awe-striking artworks that can be found flooding the official Tanki Online Facebook and Twitter profiles. Here are the different types of positions classified as part of the Content Helper team:
- Broadcasting Team
Here is a brief description of each position:
Assistants perform lots of tasks, ranging anywhere between compiling reviews from the Google Play Store (regarding the Mobile version of the game), to being in charge of editing the weekly installment of the video-blog. If you enjoy video editing, and have a good amount of skills in this field, or if you are good at managing spreadsheets (Google Sheets/Excel), then this position is the perfect fit for you!
Translators are in charge of taking the English script of each week's v-log, and translating it into a number of highly popular languages (Arabic, French, Spanish, etc.). Without this team, lots of non-English speaking Players would not be up-to-date on everything that is happening in the game, and such Players would be highly left out of the loop of important information. If you speak a language that is popularly used across the world, as well as have a decent level of knowledge of the English language, this position is great for you!
Proofreaders are in charge of making sure that news posts within the game, as well as the script for the v-log is completely free of errors, and easily comprehensible by Players (causing minimal misunderstandings of the information). This position is perfect for those people with an excellent knowledge of the English language, grammar, and formatting. If you have spoken English as your primary language for the majority of your lifetime, you are an applicable person for this position.
The Rent-A-Spec team is a collection of people with very strong computers, who can spectate and record content per Players' needs, whether it be for their YouTube videos, or other necessary content. As mentioned before, this team consists only of people with excellent computers, that have a high quality processor and graphics card, that enables them to record content within the game at a full 60 FPS (frames per second) at the highest graphics quality possible. If you have a great computer, this position might be the perfect fit for you!
The Broadcasting team consists both of Commentators and Broadcasters, and they are in charge of publicizing a number of important events throughout the game, mainly broadcasting eSports matches that occur almost everyday. They provide a live feed of these events, so that Players who are not involved in these events can watch, and be entertained. If you have a theatrical and entertaining voice, and a high quality microphone, or you have a very strong computer and internet connection, you are an applicable person for this job.
Designers are in charge of making wonderful-looking thumbnails that can be found on the Forum, as well as on Social Media. The members of this team have a stylistic mindset, and are generally very creative people. If you enjoy making artwork, either through a computer program such as Photoshop, or even have excellent drawing skills, you could apply for this position, and be a perfect candidate!
How to become a Wiki Editor~
Wiki Editors are the people in charge of keeping the game's main information database, the Wiki, up-to-date. They work to not only provide the information Players need, but also images to help them understand the material better. Whenever a new feature is added into the game, the Wiki team immediately works on collecting information regarding the new update, and preparing a detailed article with statistics on the subject. If you want to become a Wiki Editor, here is the information you must include on your application:
- Real name
- Date of birth
- City/Country of residence
- Languages spoken
- Social Media profile links
- Alternate accounts
- Date of registration
- Reasoning behind applying for the position
- List of how you could contribute to the Wiki
- Experience in coding/programming
- Hours you could devote to the position
- Rating of English fluency
- Previous experience with Wikis
- Short example of non-fiction writing
If your application is very strong, you could be chosen for this position, and begin work on the Wiki.
Thank you for your interest in trying to help the game develop! We hope you can find a perfect position for you, and be successful with your application! If you have any specific questions regarding the position(s), please contact the respective administrator of the position found on this list.
Customer support service by UserEcho